Monday, March 12, 2012

Bundle of love

Alright everyone, there are so many of you that keep asking how everything is going, and moreso for the "Belly" photos. I refuse, as many of you have probably figured out already, to post all that kind of stuff on Facebook, so you will find much more here.
If you have the link to my blog, congrats, I also apologize in advance. Heavens only knows what is going to end up on here in the coming months!
Nate and I are doing well.....I am at the 5.5 month mark of pregnancy and can finally say that I am at the fun part, baby is moving like crazy and I am no longer considering taking up residency on the floor of the bathroom. Those first 3.5 months were pretty crazy with being very sick all the time, my body changing, and a wicked case of bronchitis. I am breeding this child to be a tough little thang right from the start.
I have continued to teach preschool, thank goodness, because I work with an amazing group of women and I love my kids. My job keeps me sane and it also helps me to remain off of Amazon.com baby shopping....no joke that can be seriously addictive. They need to have a security setting on computers for pregnant women to help limit the baby paroozing, googling of every ache and pain, and constant registry updating. Hi, my name is Melanie and I am addicted.
Nathan is doing awesome. He is one of the most excited dads to be I have ever seen. He is constantly rubbing the belly, specially now that baby is moving and loving his voice. He can now feel bambino and enjoys every waking second. He has been so hilarious to watch during the registy process, letting him loose with the "gun" is risky, and pretty funny. Secretly, I think he is extra excited because now he has a real legit excuse for toys and cartoon type movies. I am so thankful for not only how awesome he has been during this whole ride, but also for the fact that he is actually home and not deployed.
I have finally popped, and am now feeling huge in the entire front, not just the girls anymore, those are a lost cause, they've taken on an entirely different zipcode. I promise to post some photos once I get some decent ones downloaded.
We have very happy and excited grandparents and aunts/uncles to be, and are so thankful to be living in Ohio, at least for a little bit, so they are near enough to enjoy this amazing time with us, instead of on Skype.
I have borrowed this little thing below from a friends page, and will add belly pics soon. Feel free to comment, because like I said, you won't be seeing these on Facebook!

How far along? 23 Weeks
Total weight gain: 8 lbs and climbing
Maternity clothes? I have never loved Yoga pants so much, but I am now officially in maternity clothes. Not completely, but they are way more comfy on mommy and baby
Sleep: Doing better, the beginning was a rough ride! Now.....if I could just fix Nates log sawing while he sleeps...
Best moment this week: Ordering our baby furniture (minus the whole 16-19 week delivery thing)
Miss Anything? I really miss my Dirty martinis and deli sandwiches
Movement: So much! It is the most awesome feeling, I am enjoying each second, before it starts to actually hurt!
Food cravings: Can't get enough fruit
Anything making you queasy or sick: Any form of meat that flies.......ie. poultry. Smell, site, taste, thought. Barf.
Gender: good question!
Labor Signs: Nopers
Symptoms: Taking up stock in TUMS and sciatica. Baby enjoys kicking mommys nerve and blocking blood flow to her right leg.
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: So happy and excited
Looking forward to: Going to visit and see everyone up in Cleveland at shower time! I miss you all! Also- painting the nursery and the shower at Nates house

No comments: