Monday, March 19, 2012

Little ray of sunshine

I hope that you are all out there enjoying this amazing weather. We spent the weekend tooting around exploring, one of our favorite things to do. This is one of the perks of being military and constantly moving....you never quite discover everything about the places you live. Always something new. 

 It was such a beautiful day, but no lie, I was looking up at the big rain clouds that came in as we walked around Xenia, OH...you know the sky looks a little questionable when you start to casually discuss what would happen should a tornado touch down right in front of us as we drove, smack dab in the middle of the flattest farm lands in site. (And coming from a gal that has driven clear from OH to Nc to OK to TX back to OH that must be some seriously flat land. Not to mention, we lived smack dab in tornado alley in OK and experienced a day full of these nasty storms.) Did we turn around, heck no, sun was trying to peek thru and we were convinced once we hit the outlets it'd be all good. It was. :)

Nate seems to really enjoy the baby clothes shopping portion of these trips. We figured we better at least have a few things, along with the basic white tshirts to get us started, until we know how big our little firecracker will be. I must say, he has picked out the vast majority of the little teeny tiny clothes so far. There are very small amounts of cute clothing that are neutral, but cross your fingers, we have one more shot at finding out late April. He makes me smile so much when he just mills thru the store and says "Mel" and holds stuff up with a smile. I can't resist. Ever since he has been able to feel baby moving, he is always talking to it and so fascinated. He lost his marbles with laughter when it kicked so hard my stomach started moving around!

It's quite enjoyable to experience this with him, specially now that he is not having to deal with me being the alien version of myself when at random I would get snippy....usually shortly following a nice trip to visit with the porcelain Gods. You'd be snippy, too. Don't judge. There were times I'd argue or get mad and halfway thru my meanness, I'd catch myself questioning what the heck it was I was upset about in the first place. "Dear hormones, thanks for balancing quickly. I am now pretty much just happy as a little clam and my skin is very thankful for you." (Remind me of this when I blog about stretchmarks being the devil in a few months.)

Here are a few shots of the growing belly:

12 Weeks

20 Weeks, after work and a big dinner


I realized that as I progressively get larger, it is getting to be a bit tougher to get good solid breaths in, meaning I get winded a bit easier. I remember just a week ago thinking how out of breath Jessica Simpson was on Jay Leno and chuckling....Karma is a beast. (I tell you what though, if I get THAT big, and none of you tell me to lay off the cravings....you lose mega points.) Funny story, decided to take a nice chill bath and ended up having to yell for Nate to help me get out. I realized I am now officially a Melly turtle. Once I lie flat on my back, with no room to just roll over, I am officially unable to sit straight up....causing a turtle stuck on its shell type outcome. It's pretty hilarious, and I am glad I learned it while Nate was actually home or boy that would be an embarrassing call to the neighbor....Help! I'm stuck in the bathtub! No, I'm not kidding. It's okay, I will let you laugh a moment before I go on.


Pay no attention to the unshowered, awful over the shoulder boulder holder, and just plain grossness....this is mainly for all of you that keep asking for a belly shot. Bet you are regretting that now!

23 weeks

We painted babies room, which was SO much fun, and before you pick up the phone to yell at me, we made sure to get chemical and odor free paint that is safe for kids and mommies to be. The color is called "springtime" and is a really pretty pastel shade of green. We have sets of bedding picked for both genders that will match, plus, it is just a really bright, happy, soothing color. Most of our registry items have greens and whites, so all will match wonderfully. :) The yellow photo is the before.




See ^. I wasn't kidding, it really brightens it up!


This is the photo Nate chose for my blog, since he knows its not public all over Facebook. He was so done with the painting game once it was over. I think if I would have said it needed a third coat, I might have seen the Nate version of Alien come out. Pay no attention to the awful shirt....this was his shirt from the CCC at Fort Sill. Witty bunch of guys they are....




I have been enjoying one of the best times of year for sports in my opinion, and have been enjoying college bball for the last few days nonstop. I have to remind myself jumping off the couch or yelling at the tv is frowned upon these days, and baby gets a little crazy when momma gets nuts...another reason to avoid previously mentioned "alien" state. Mentally noted. My bracket is pretty much kaput, but I still love these games and remember fondly traveling to watch John Carroll in the final four with my parents during my college days. I cannot even imagine what those crowds must sound and feel like! Whoooowie!

Overall, we are doing pretty fantastic. We are thankful to have two sets of amazing grandparents that are so excited to welcome grandbaby into the world with us, and have been so supportive and kind along the entire journey we have been on the past 1.5 years. This also goes for the aunt/uncles as well. We have an amazing family (and friends) and are so thankful to have you all in our lives. This is one lucky little kid having all these amazing folks around to explore life with.

With Auntie Chimi @ Lake Erie over the holidays


Things are starting to get crazy busy around here. Weekends are pretty crazy  all the way until Memorial Day. We cannot wait to go home for our showers and have a chance to see everyone. If you have called or emailed recently and we haven't gotten back to you, many I'm sorrys being sent your way....things are crazy busy and in the words of Ferris “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it”.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Okay, I think the comment box is working now!

Sara O. said...

So excited to keep up with the Kishes! : )