Monday, March 26, 2012

The simple joys...

Nothing crazy to report on these here parts today.
I am so happy to have Nate back home, I overdid it a bit with him gone for a few days. I had a mission and darn it I was going to get it done! There isn't much time open to do things like that, not to mention, there was nobody here to veto my choices to throw stuff away or donate!

The entire kitchen was purged along with organizing the pantry, to make way for Baby K and all the stuff babies bring along with them! I did lot's of laundry to try and get things from winter put away, and of course then it cools down again. Silly me, I am from Ohio, I should know better then to jump at the first sign of true warmth and sunshine!
My favorite part of the day is torn between when Nate comes home and yells Hey Mama to find me and then pays more attention to talking to my tummy then me, or when it's bedtime, which is also baby's favorite time to really get into the kickboxing mode, so Nate just lies there and talks talks talks to baby and I while letting it kick his cheek or his hand and he laughs and then gets bummed when it stops. I have a feeling he won't let the cheek kicking go on to much longer, once he gets one good strong kick.
It is my favorite thing ever to just sit and watch my tummy move around and feel baby in there. It still is so surreal that there is a little miracle growing inside me. 6 months and counting.
I have been trying to organize the basement to make way for baby items, so if anyone has tips or suggestions on great organization techniques for that stuff it would be super. So far, all I know is to keep diapers and clothes in groups by sizes. Our changing table is en route (thanks g-pa H), and it is startling to know that very soon there will be furniture in there! I just am besides myself with excitement. Plus, it also means there is at least one spot to put things away if the furniture doesn't make it on time!
I have my second 3 hour glucose test coming up, yes I said second, what a lucky girl I am. Nate will join me this time to avoid falling on my face from fasting and just being bored. Who doesn't love sitting in a lab held hostage for three hours getting blood taken 4 times, all while being surrounded by people hacking while they wait. Beautiful. I remind myself at this time that I am doing it to make sure that I do just what is needed to keep baby safe and healthy......and then I use lots of sanitizer.
I have officially blocked myself from the registry on my computer, since I cannot stop making tiny edits and just visiting it with excitement. I was starting to make myself nuts. You can only research the safest items and best ratings so much before you just start to lose your mind, so poof. It is amazing how much is out there that people make you think that you "must" have.  Site blocked for me. Welcome back to sane world.
We have a mil ball coming up, and as much as people often complain, I tell you what, I really enjoy them. How often as an adult do you get to get all gussied up and pretty, and attend an event with a handsome uniformed guy on your arm? I'm not fond of dress hunting normally, since the stuff out there for these high school dances are often times A. Nothing any woman over 18 should wear and B. Dear lord, what is with all the cut outs and short skirts?
This time around, I am wicked excited. I cannot wait to wear my black dress (a definite score from Target, and seriously comfy) and rock the bump. It is one of the few times I am not worried about bumps and bulges and all the other things that come with dressing up, I can happily avoid Spanx, and the dance one does in order to get them on and off. I figure people will be looking more at my tummy, and when they see lines or bumbles along the way, I will hopefully just get the "aww shes pregnant" free pass.  If I wear heels, now THAT is a bonus. (and highly doubtful)
Anyhow- I suppose it is time to log off and go find something to make for dinner...or perhaps just sit down and watch some Ellen.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Okay ya'll, I know you guys are telling me its not letting you leave a message- after you click the _comments and that little box pops us, type those letters it makes you type. Next, click NAME/URL instead of google act. then it will let you leave your name :)