Well, the time has come. I have bid farewell to seeing my toes for the next few months. Does this mean I don't need to worry about keeping them nice and painted? (Or if you are lucky, I will spare you and attempt to paint them as I sit in some odd yoga position trying to reach....)
Today I had my first experience with a "What the hell do you think you are doing?" moment. Now, don't get my wrong, at first, people touching the belly weirded me out, seeing as at that point, it was unclear whether I had just eaten to much or if in fact I was early on in pregnancy. Now, I am much more open to sharing baby belly with people as long as I know you and am comfortable...and you don't ambush the belly like some wizard with baby radar that popped out of nowhere. That could just induce low bladder functioning. Nobody wants that.
Nothing makes me feel more warm and fuzzy inside then feeling those close to me have to chance to experience the jig that baby often performs. I can't tell you how awesome it was for grandpa H (my dad) to not only feel a good kick, but an entire kickboxing session the next day. It is like baby knows to make a connection. I can't wait to have the baby showers and for the special people in life to pat the tum tum, HOWEVER, if I do not know you, yes YOU crazy mall lady, Keep your hands to yourself! This is a lesson we all learn early on in life, heck, I teach it 100x a day. Do not put your hands on anyone for any reason without asking first.
So, when I am shopping for granny sandals that don't make my feet hurt, it is in no way okay for you to casually walk up and try to touch my stomach. Just because I have what appears to be a baby belly, it does not include a genie lamp that one random person must rub. My belly doesn't grant 3 wishes. Hands off. I kindly whacked her hand away and held my stomach safely and like any 3 year old would do, said "My belly." Nate suggests that next time I put my hands on her belly, and make for an awkward situation...no thanks.
Otherwise, things are going lovely. My belly definitely is no longer my own. It is owned by the little Starting Kicker of a football team that leaves very little room for the bladder and other things that belong in there, but I cannot be more happy for the little one to be taking up space in there. I am almost 7 months, and it still doesn't get old to feel all the movement going on. It makes me giggle, and now that baby seems to enjoy music/headphone time, it is really entertaining. It is such a crazy feeling, but so insanely wonderful. We have baby furniture coming soon which means I finally get to start preparing the nursery, and more than likely changing it multiple times before birth.
Work is going awesome, I have amazing coworkers, that I consider to be part of my "Dayton" family that I will miss dearly next year, neighbors that just are the nicest people and a seriously awesome husband who is working his toosh off to finish his Masters and work full time all while dealing with me and baby prep. He makes this experience even better then I thought it would be, and seeing him as a daddy is something that I look so forward to. I am thankful to have amazing parents, sisters, and in laws and friends that just make this all the more exciting. I think that sometimes we are almost all equally excited....and it just makes me so happy to be able to bring so much joy and happiness.....not to mention a tiny little pooping machine that will be lucky to have so many people love it. (And hopefully, help with diaper duty!)
We have gotten a few wonderful gifts that arrived at our door, which boy does that make it real when there are diapers, high chairs and baby seats hanging out in the living room. We are so thankful for all the generosity and kindness of everyone, and for our moms and sisters hosting baby showers, we cannot be more thankful and appreciative, even if sometimes we forget to tell you that. Thank you.
On a comedic note, a student asked me today if I ate to many watermelon seeds, which is the reason behind my growing belly....that a watermelon is sprouting. It makes me wonder how long he has been festering on that thought, and then Nate and I had a pretty funny discussion about the many fibs parents tell their kids, and don't realize how literally they are taken sometimes. "Your face will freeze that way." "Picking your nose damages your brain." "Potatoes will grow out your ears" Etc. It's funny to look back and wonder about all those sweet nothings that probably scared the heck out of us at the time....as far as I know, nobody has grown a melon......yet.
3 comments:
haha! kids are funny!!
You are such a better person than me lol. I don't let anyone touch my belly except hubby...it's just so weird to me!
As for the feet, you're probably lucky. I can still see mine but I almost wish I couldn't...they're so swollen and gross looking!
After I run the pig next week, we should go get pedis! There's a school between us that's inexpensive and good.
Post a Comment