| My handsome and very supportive hubby and my now very obvious baby belly. This day marked the first day I needed help buckling my high heel. (sidenote, high heels were not a super idea) |
Wow, it has been some time since my last blog post! Between baby shower weekends and work, things have been just a bit crazy busy. No lie, I had a week that I just was down in the dumps and having a rough go at things, and frankly, that is not something people want to read about. Doing much better now, and feeling more like my normal self again. Hey, everyone is entitled to having a bad week every now and then! (You are welcome for sparing you!)
As of yesterday, on the "official" calendar, I hit the 30 week mark, according to the docs, I am about a week ahead in measurements. For those that have not already heard, we are very excited to now know that we will be welcoming a baby girl this Summer. We weren't going to find out, but we hit about 27 weeks and just could not take it anymore! It is so much easier to shop now that we know. We are both thrilled, and I am excited that my gut has been correct from the start. I even had a crazy dream early on that there was a little baby girl, about 4 months old sitting up in our bed with a full mouth of teeth reading a book outloud. Creepy, thats about all I can say, but it was a sign to me that my "girl intuition" was even stronger! Speaking of dreams, this third trimester, wowsa, there are some serious wackadoodle dreams going on. Some of them are scary, some hilarious, and some just plain old wierd as heck. Many of them aren't even baby related. I just wake up kind of going "huh".
| These frog pops were handcrafted my Mom and Chims and they were amazeballs. |
Baby showers were so wonderful. We are thankful for the kindness of everyone and it was so lovely to see so many special people, I only wish that there was MORE time to spend with everyone to catch up! Melissa did a beautiful job, and even themed the shower with froggies, which was very special to her and I growing up. My grandpa used to call us his little froggies, and that was such a nice way of bringing him into the day we celebrated the newest "Hoppert" froggy. I now have a plethora of froggie outfits and toys for baby girl, and I can't wait to dress her up in them!
| JCU Crew Reunited and it feels so good! (PS. Michelle went into labor about 12 hours after this photo!) |
NAtes house was lovely as well, and we also had the joy of celebrating his 30th birthday actually WITH his family ON his actual day, so that was really nice. (Though I think he got confused and thought he was turning 21 again, hah) He joined us for that shower and I know that everyone just loved seeing him and getting to catch up! Brenda used my pjs (I ripped them right up the seam at Christmas when we told them we were expecting, they were my favorite pjs and I so wanted to try to sew them up....she called them irreparable, when she actually just had an idea to use them and needed to convince me to get rid of them!) to make a teddy bear, now deemed PJBear. Adorable!
| PJBear, and in my other hand, the blanket Brenda made for Nathan when he was born :) |
![]() |
| It was so green, and such a beautiful day out! |
Once we got home, no lie, we were both happy they were over, since it also meant no more long car rides. To think the next long trek there will be a bambina in the back, holy smokes! It is getting really close now, and I am not entirely sure that it has fully hit me yet! Room is set up and ready, and I look forward to a visit from mom to help me launder and organize clothing and things like that, but at this point, we just need a car seat to bring her home in and we'd be alright!
Life has been going really well, I've had my ups and downs with emotions lately, which is funny because Nate recently had a convo with me to tell me that he is really impressed with how normal I have been, since apparantly, I get a little nutty every month when I am not preggo. It took me 7 months, but I finally hit the emotional pregnant lady status. It doesn't take much anymore to bring me tears. Today, I lost a very important piece of paperwork, and I am SO angry with myself, so I spent the morning sobbing as I searched high and low for it. Chances are, I've seen it about 8 times today and not realized it thru my tears. Its that kind of frustrating stupid stuff that can really drive a lady nuts! I am not getting to spend as much time as I'd like with Nate, between work and all the things he has going on with his Masters, he is one busy bee. I get upset sometimes, as I know these are the last months it will be just the two of us, and honestly, I miss his attention sometimes, but I know in the end it is all worth it, and I am going to be so proud to see him graduate, which will also open up more time once baby is here!
Babe is doing super. She is now past the kicking/punching phase and onto the "Mommy, I am a gymnast" phase. The flips and twists she does in there, honest to gosh, I don't know how that works. Sometimes I wonder how my belly doesn't just pop open under the force of her movements, specially when she introduces me to an elbow or knee. No lie though, no matter how many times she moves, it NEVER gets old. I love it so much, it makes me happy to feel her in there.....now ask me in about 3 weeks when I am starting to freak about how she is getting OUT of there. To Melis and Nate: I apologize in advance for anything that comes out of my mouth in that room.
Last night was my into to Lamaze class, more to come on that later. Sorry this one wasn't so comedic, but I wanted to catch everyone up, and my funny bone is lost today, probably in the same location as that check.
How far along? 7.5 months and counting
Total weight gain: 17 lbs
Maternity clothes? Darn tootin. I must add, there are some seriously comfy items out there. I might just save a few for Thanksgiving dinner!
Sleep: Yes please. I cannot get enough. Waking every 2 hours but still doing alright!
Best moment this week: Sitting in the nursery and just closing my eyes allowing myself to relax.
Miss Anything? Seeing my feet and a nice glass of vino along with my Texas girls
Movement: See above gymnast comment. Future Olympian? Perhaps.
Food cravings: Watermelon and salt and vinegar chips (but not together, yuck)
Anything making you queasy or sick: Chicken and overstressing
Gender: BABY GIRL!!
Labor Signs: Experienced my first contractions that scared the shananagins out of me. Operation sit on the couch in full swing.
Symptoms: Holy heartburn batman. And yikes, I can't bend over because there are feet in my ribcage, hah!
Wedding rings on or off? on
Looking forward to: Summer Break!

No comments:
Post a Comment