I am very unsure if we would have had normal food those first weeks, clean laundry, sleep, or basically anything other than a clean, fed baby. God bless moms. (Well, grand moms now. - And you too grandpas)
| Welcome home, baby girl! |
Night one was terrifying, when one assumes THIS is what baby will sleep in, and then baby decides to laugh at you and think otherwise, one ends up with daddy bringing a bassinet and stroller up the steps at 2am. Its funny now looking back.....but lord there were a few "What the hell have we gotten ourselves into, and where is that baby that slept 4 hours at a time in the hospital?" I knew we had reached max capacity when Nate trounced down the hall to wake up grandma for the SOS call. We had changed her, and if she didn't pee or poop AS we changed her, it was within 5 minutes...or she puked all over her clothes and needed new pjs. I think we blew through 15 diapers just on night one. Lord, it would have made for a great reality show premier.
| Peacefully in her crib...not something we saw on night one. |
| No, that is not highlighter... |
| This is how I spent a large portion of my time that 3-6 week until we got my spasms figured out. |
Again I say, thank the lord for amazing moms, mom in laws, sisters, dads, and husbands. I had many times where I couldn't hold Quinn, or do much of anything and they were there with love, kindness, and snuggles to share with our new little bundle. I am not sure words will ever explain how amazing it was to have time to spend with both of our moms those first precious weeks of Quinn's life. Within her first month, She was visited by both grammas, grandpas, Aunts and Uncle Matt along with friends. What a joy.
It's hard to believe that we are coming up on our sweet little girl turning 4 months old. Now...getting back to the blog, but in current time.....
No comments:
Post a Comment