| This belly is the only thing that has ever made my boobs look even remotely smaller. Love! |
Welp, it has finally hit me. For those of you that said I was "all belly" up until this point (thanks by the way) I am fairly certain that after this weekend, I can kiss that goodbye. It felt like all the sudden, poof (literally) I just grew SO much. Baby girl is smooshed like a sardine in there and she is letting me know it, along with our early heat rise, being low 90s in May has caused my tootsies to get puffy basically anytime I stand up for more than 5 minutes which makes my feet hurt like crazy. I personally feel like everything has started to swell a bit in this heat, I'm feeling it in my face, hands, and basically entire body.
I still feel good, other then feeling really big, really hot, and with achey legs and feet. I have hit the phase in which I am realizing that she can come at any time, (we prefer she waits a few weeks) but it is pretty scary! We are so very ready and excited, but yikes, I thought time was dragging for so long, and now I am ready for it to slow down! I have a sneaky feeling that is how the next 20 years are going to be! Nate got the itch yesterday and decided to set up all of the baby gear. Our living room is no longer ours, as much as my belly is no longer mine! This little ladybug is taking over! It is so crazy to walk down there and see all that cute stuff just sitting there waiting for its little partner to join the world and be used.
I had the joy of having dad, Melis and Matt here this weekend. We really enjoyed having them here to enjoy the swealtering heat with us. We had the chance to bum around town and play some cornhole, I was worlds best cheerleader with my sweet dance moves. Boy, don't you wish you could see a video of me dropping it like its hot. Hehe. I love my sister, as sisters are oh so honest, but oh so helpful and protective. She wouldn't let me do much this weekend and kept making me sit down alerting me when my feet were to poofy in her opinion. Score. It was really nice to have them all here. Floating in the pool was pretty awesome, all I needed to do was put a white circle on the middle of my black swim top and I might have passed for Shamu floating around, and frankly, for the first time since I was about 12, I just did not give a damn what I looked like in a swimsuit. I have a huge belly and I was rocking it because it was flippin hot and I wanted to swim in something other than a tshirt. It felt sooo nice and cool and the floating took so much pressure off! Baby enjoyed her swim time, as she flipped and flopped around in my belly the entire time in the water. More pool time is in my near future, however lesson learned, SPF 30 while normally works just fine for me, does NOT fully protect a preggo from the sun. As my family left, Melissa reminded me that the next time she will see me she will be seeing baby born (or in her words, staring at my hoohaa.) Ahh, sisters. We did take lots of photos, so I will add some of those here once they are downloaded.
| I wasn't joking when I said I swelled. 92 degrees had me feeling like I should have had my tounge hanging out like a puppy. |
This is my last week teaching for awhile. It is going to be rough with the heat and on my feet, but I am excited to get time to spend organizing and kicking my feet up before she arrives. Nate and I are both doing well, working as a good team. He hasn't complained once when I nudge him to help me sit up 5 times a night so I can get out of bed for my vacation in the bathroom. I have learned how to barely open my eyes while walking to and from, God help Nate if he ever leaves the seat up! His surgery is done and he seems to be really recovered well. Still can't bump him (though I bopped him already in the face. Bad move, total accident.) I am amazed that he has been able to continue working full time and taking 2 masters courses a semester while rocking a 4.0- I am so proud of him and can't wait for him to graduate this winter, to watch him get that diploma WITH baby girl to be proud of her daddy as well, and selfishly because it means I get evenings with my hubby back!
Mom will arrive in two weeks, she has been so anxious to get here and help me with baby laundry and organizing and I am more than ready for her help! (Plus, some quality mom time, the last round pre baby! Yikes!)
How far along? Technically 32, but to the docs I am 33+
Total weight gain: Haven't been to the doc in 3 weeks, I go this Friday but I am guessing over 20 at this point.
Maternity clothes? Dear me, yes. Though with this heat at times I wish I could just walk around in a coolmax pillowcase
Sleep: Lacking. Wake up every time I roll over to reposition pillow under belly, or to pee hourly along with the joyous pregnancy congestions
Best moment this week: Having family get to spend time here with us
Miss Anything? Laying on my tummy and a nice cold glass of Riesling
Movement: I still love feeling how much she moves. However, sticking the butt in my ribs and then kicking up is getting painful! Little bean still gets the hiccups so much!
Food cravings: Still with the fruit. I am eating so much less food than I thought, I get full after just a few bites!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Damn you chicken.
Gender: Girl Labor Signs: Theres been a few small scares that had us discussing perhaps having our bags packed.
Symptoms: Pretty sure everything causes heartburn. SAMS sells a comedic large size of TUMS. Any bets on how long to finish it?Wedding rings on or off? Well, they still fit alright, but the jeweler told me to remove them now that the heat is coming so they don't have to cut them off if I start to really swell, so just a band now.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy unless I am unconfortable, then I am kind of grumpy.
Looking forward to: Seeing mom, having some time off, and meeting baby girl.
2 comments:
You look great! Can't wait to come visit when the newest Kish is here! Love you!
looking great melanie!
Post a Comment