Saturday, June 2, 2012

Pop goes the Melly.....




This is where you insert the, holy smokes, she got Huge comment. So nice having
family here for Memorial Day!

It's official folks, I have hit the point in this journey that people glance at me and say things like "Wow, you look ready to pop, when are you due." The shock on peoples faces when I tell them I have until July. Most people are going with baby Girl arriving in the early days, I have been guessing from the start a firecracker baby on the 4th. Perhaps I will attend the airshow or fireworks with my "go" bag packed.

I am very thankful that as of 34 weeks, my turkey timer as Nate calls it has not popped out. I don't know why that is something I was so focused on, but the thought of my inny turning outty sort of freaked me out. I know I know, you are thinking if that freaks her out, shes going to be a hot mess in labor. Hah. As of yesterdays appointment, baby is the way she needs to be and very very active. Been thru some official contractions starting early this week and began putting my Lamaze classes into use. Don't need them much yet, but I figure this is a good time to concentrate with Nate on practicing them so I am not Hee Hee Hoo Hooing until I pass out during real labor. I am sure he just loves this practice when its about 2am. Hey, daddies need to get up a few times during the night too, not just me being up to pee every 40 minutes...it's getting much tougher to sleep these days, as she has taken up shop basically in the ribs, or pops up there as soon as its bedtime so I get to sleep in a chair or trying to sit up hugging a pillow.....this is not preferred since I wake up fearing that I will bop Nate in the nose (again) while I am trying to get comfy. Yes, wife of the year clocked him while he was driving when I was telling a story (yeah yea, I was talking with my hands, shocker). Insert my tears and insane level of guilt. He will never let me forget that one. Wife of the year award will pass me up for yet another round.

I am very thankful for the hospital so far, it has been really amazing compared the the service and care that we have had at other posts. We couldn't be happier to be delivering our first baby here. It's stinky that we pretty much never see the same doc, but when you think about it, how many docs actually make it to the delivery and you don't end up with someone else? At least my chances are high of recognizing a face! Next appointment is with the doc that did my surgery last April, whom I was far less than crazy about, but I think this is a different circumstance, so here's hoping for more of a warm and fuzzy.

Lamaze classes are going much better now that Nate can join me. Hopefully, I will laugh as hard in the delivery room as I do with him during that class. (Don't worry, I am paying attention and we are learning a LOT, but something about when a 65 year old lady lays down on the ground to show you the proper position to push in, you can't get that picture out of your head and we just giggle). It's a bit scary to know we are getting so close and when the doc tells you that in about 2 weeks you should have your bags packed and ready for any time....it sort of hits. (you'd think the wigglebug in my belly would help prevent this slight panic, wrong.) This also hits the hubby, who then goes home in Man Nesting Mode and into overdrive with the "stuff". In one day, our living room exploded with all the things that needed but together. Nate was on a mission, darn it.

A few of the items that are now hanging out in the living room that appears
to no longer be "ours". <3
I had my last day of school yesterday, which was quite sad to know it will be a bit before I head back into the classroom, but I keep telling myself I will still be teaching, but I will just be teaching my little peanut instead of a class. I was very lucky to have an awesome school, staff, and class this year. Will miss them all.

Otherwise, things are just truckin on. We are trying to get out and enjoy life as much as possible and spend as much time as we can together to really enjoy one another. I cannot believe that we will be married 4 years this month. Time has flown and been such a crazy ride, I could not have enjoyed it as much as I have without Nate. All the ups and downs were so much more tolerable when we went thru them together.

Dear baby, remember the day you got dribbled? This is your
Uncle Matt. He will teach you all you need to know about
Fantasty sports and dancing.



This is called, Nate wants a photo of me when I'm in my comfiest position
during a contaction....also because as you can see, my attire was pretty
fabulous, to bad you can't see the fluffy slippers.


No comments: