Monday, June 18, 2012

Thundercats are go! (Well, almost anyway...)

These days, I feel like a child constantly wondering, "Are we there yet?". With the ever growing belly, I find myself just sitting there rubbing it and staring at it in sheer amazement that somehow, this baby is going to get bigger and frankly, I do not know where she is going to go. Poor thing. Often times, I feel a heel or her booty pushing so hard that I swear an appendage is going to just pop right out of my belly due to sheer force....I know, you are loving that mental picture right now!

Today was a fathers day that was so happy. It was sad for me not to spend it with my own dad, but I got to watch Nate lovingly do woodworking as he made projects out in the garage with such pride on his face and a bounce in his step. I cannot wait to experience parenthood with him, and I have a sneaky feeling that he is going to steal her from me as soon as he comes in the door most days. I look back at growing up with my own dad and all the fun memories and the confidence he was built in me, and I cannot wait to watch Nate do the same. (And then I can't wait to watch our parents laugh as our daughter puts us thru what we put them thru.....yikes.)

After a few nice rounds of contractions this week, I was given a slight glance into what my experience may be like....though I think by that point, I am going to be so ready to not be uncomfortable that I won't even care. I decided that I am going to attempt the hydro labor that is now offered at my hospital, (Don't barf, it's not delivery in the tub, its just the option of getting in and out of a clean warm bath as I am contracting since that is something that relaxes me....so what the Hell, if I hate it, I don't do it but at least its an option! Many props to WP for that one).

36 weeks and don't give a rats patoot what I look
like going to the pool. Floating=happy.
We have been trying our best to make great use of our last days and weeks together. Lots of time spent at the pool in the evenings just bopping around, shockingly it only takes one noodle to keep me afloat, I thought I'd need about 6. (See photo, I'm no string bean)
 For our 4 year anniversary, we got the joy of a doctor appointment to find out that I am a week ahead of schedule and we heard babies heartbeat stronger than ever before. (Not to mention the heaven sent meds for my dragon case of heartburn!) We then spent a nice evening outdoors eating a beautiful dinner and then attended the Martina McBride concert......prepare yourselves.....

We have amazeball seats, but I tell you, on the way to said seats if one more person comment about how pregnant I was I was going to go all momzilla on them. Seriously, I do not feel THAT huge, but the comments did get pretty funny. "Your seats are right here, and the doctors are in that section just in case." "Goodthing you are on the end, you might not fit in the middle" (to that one I mentally note, damn you I hope you spill your 9 dollar plastic cup of wine) and then the "Are you carrying twins?". If I didn't feel huge before, I certainly did now. It was pretty funny to watch people watch me as I busted a Melly move to the music.......honestly, I'm pregnant, not dead. Here is the funny part, I got a little curious about the wierd Pog looking thing at the bottom of Nates beer glass so I decided to investigate.....turns out when you stick your finger on the bottom of the cup and push up, that fine little circle is a magnet sealing the cup. Rock on. 9 months pregnant, and now I have 1/2 glass of beer in my lap. I wasn't so mad at myself that I did that, I was the idiot that caused it afterall, I was more angry that I smelled like beer and couldn't taste it. Then.....WOW. Reactions on peoples faces when I stood up with my big ol belly and a wet lap. People were freaking that I was in labor....no folks, just beer. Have one and calm down. (Sidenote, smelling like beer seems to keep mosquitoes away!) Anywho- concert was really awesome and mad props to her, shes got teenagers and rocked leather pants like nobodies business.

Anywho. No real exciting news left here. Her room is ready and thanks to mom, all clothes are washed, organized and put away. Bags are slowly getting packed, scary since this Wed. I am officially full term at 37 weeks. Its funny how hesitant we both have been to pack. Nothing has been said about it, but we always talk about how we NEED to do it, and we have plenty of time to do it during the day, yet it never gets done. It seems we are both a bit afraid that once those suckers are packed, its gametime primetime anytime. (I know, you'd think the belly, contractions, or perhaps the last 9 months would have gotten us there.......nope.....not as much as bag packing!)

I will add some more photos from the concert and such next time, they are on my other camera and I am frankly just to lazy to go get it.

No comments: